Friday 10 July 2020

I Had Some More Company,

first thing as I was posting the blog,


 a female blackbird,

 called by for a few nuts,

 Diana was already at work as I made my way by bus into town,

 just by the number 54 bus stop which is called Cromwell Road, there is this antique shop, selling all manner of goods, great fun to look around, but it is not open every day, for the last 3 or 4 visits to the shop it has been closed,

 and this is where I was going, Kingfisheries Aquarium in Croydon Road, Beckenham, 0208 650 3716,

 I had a quick look at the rear of the shop,

 where they have so many coldwater fish,

 for outdoor ponds, 

 and water features,

 these are all coldwater indoor fish,

 all varieties of goldfish,

 indoor coldwater meaning whilst they do not need a heater/thermostat to keep them warm, they are happy at room temperature, they may not survive a hard winter outside, back on the bus with my RO water, in the afternoon it was feet up for a couple of films,

firstly Victor Frankenstein, this a slightly different view of the classic, enjoyable but a but frenetic in places, not a bad way to spend nearly 2 hours on a dull afternoon,

 
I followed that with Risen, yet another biblical film, this one about the resurrection, pity it lacked Charlton Heston or Victor Mature, both of whom are pretty good in this sort of movie, but there it is, again nearly 2 hours long, which brought me nicely to my evening meal, after which it was one from Silent Witness, then part way through a New Tricks at 10.40 Diana called,

so through a wet rainy park to the bus stop, then home, feet up a for a coffee, and one from Silent Witness when we were off to bed.


No comments: