Wednesday 25 September 2024

I Am Only Making One Post Today,

and as soon as I post it I will be out to visit Duncan, 


back to Tuesday, in our small hall I always put a poster from the 1920s/30s on the wall. well I decided that as I have so many photographs to have one enlarged instead, and here it is, it is a shot I took in Bangkok at the Temple of the Dawn, but the thing is in those days way back in the 1980s I used transparency films in a Mamiya 6 X 4.5 medium format camera, so I sent some of them to be scanned as my scanner cannot scan transparencies, I sent them to Film Scan UK Ltd. 33 Teil Green, Fulwood, Preston, Lancashire, PR2 9PA www.filmscanuk.co.uk email info@filmscanuk.co.uk who made a excellent job of scanning them, the only fly in the ointment, the Royal Mail,

and here it is, I sent the scan to 1066 Print Shop, the address: 1066 Print Shop, 5 Woodbrook Road, Hastings, East Sussex TN34 2DQ UK. Tel: 01424 853671, I had the scan enlarged to A1 which is roughly 33" X 23" the result was excellent, here is the scan I sent, 

after changing the poster in the frame for the scan I was off, to pick up Diana from work and then drive to Bromley, 

we parked up in the car park nearly behind the art deco cinema, now unfortunately closing down, 

and walked to the market square, Diana had to pop into the bank,

I called into Lidl to pick up some wine to take down to Duncan tomorrow, Diana's banking completed we called into a Turkish fruit and vegetable shop and bought some cob nuts, 

the back to the car park and home, it was then feet up for a couple of quiz shows and our evening meal before a Deadliest Catch, during which we started on the cob nuts, which were so nice, we followed with a couple from the Antiques Road Trip, before our usual helping of Prime Suspect, then Diana was off to bed, another early start tomorrow, for myself one from It Ain't Half Hot Mum, before I too was off to bed.


No comments: