Tuesday 1 November 2022

Although Halloween Is Officially Over,

if you could buy a Halloween costume,


would you actually wear it in public? the creature above is from The Temptation of St. Anthony, below,

the triptych painting created by Hieronymus Bosch in the early 16th century includes a small, peculiar figure on the left-hand triptych below, 

this is the figure, which has bird-like facial features, and appears to be wearing wooden ice skates and a funnel as a hat, it is all the more amazing that using needle felting and other found materials artist Rae Swon made the character come to life,

Swon took her character for a subway ride through Manhattan,

I have no idea what fellow travellers thought! as it happens you do not have to make up your mind if you would wear the costume as it has been sold, you can see more of Swon’s fantastical felted creations like a Starling Coin Purse and an Opposum Purse on Instagram and Etsy, I have to admit in the past whilst living in Pattaya I had my face made up to look like a ghoul when it was Halloween,

it did not take much makeup!

as did a few others in the gang, but I am not sure if away from somewhere like Pattaya I would wear a costume on say the London Underground, but then I guess many people do when attending a cosplay venue, now there's a thought for next year, dress up for a cosplay convention!


No comments: