Thursday 3 November 2022

As Soon As I Posted The Blog,

I was out,


into a nice bright sunny day,

not a cloud in the sky,

a quick stop at the snail mail box,

and I was soon passing Foxgrove Lodge,

I had not seen these before, and nice they looked too,

on to the number 54 bus and passing Homebase at Peter Pan's Pool,

and the climber slowly engulfing this building in Catford,

there were no seats at the front or right hand side of the bus, so not a great photograph of the never ending building project in Lewisham,

Lewisham market in full swing,

pallets of produce waiting to be delivered to stalls,

in Blackheath a walk past the florists,

the cyclamen putting on a good show,

the 09.33 running late arriving at 09.36, I might be luck and still arrive in time for the connecting train to Gravesend,

arriving at Dartford,

nice blue skies,

I need not have worried about the connecting train, it was running late!

arriving at Gravesend lots of wispy cloud, thankfully I did not have to wait long for a bus,

by the time I arrived at the hill towards the nursing home Duncan is in some dark clouds had appeared, 

as I walked towards the home the first few drops of rain,

appeared on the lens,

but it soon cleared as I near the entrance to the building, Duncan was in fine sprits, speaking of which I was told it is now permitted for Duncan to have a little wine, so a bottle of white it will be on my next trip on Tuesday, not Wednesday, as it happens the trains are on strike next week, so on my way home I will have to change the tickets I have already bought, we both reminisced about the times we had when Steve, Duncan and myself had a holiday in Thailand, a fun jeep was hired for a few days, and what days they were! after saying our goodbyes,

I made a move for the bus stop,

at the bus stop at the bottom of the hill the clouds had started to get darker, and more of them,

as luck would have it a train was already waiting at platform 0, I was also lucky with the connecting train,

and soon arrived at Blackheath,

as the bus stopped at one of the bee hotels on top of its shelter,

I took a close up of the plants, succulents I think the are growing on top of it,

I would have taken this route home through the park, but I needed to go to the station to change my rail tickets due to the strike,

alighting at Beckenham green,

there were lots of leaves to be collected,

across the road the locksmith,

and Beckenham Junction station, good news, the ticket office was open, so ticket changed and I bought tickets for the next few week, the problem being many times the ticket offices are closed and as the machines will not recognise a senior travel card I can only buy tickets when the offices are open,

on my way home, past Foxgrove Lodge,

the skies clouding over, the good news I arrived home before the rain started, in the late afternoon I watched a couple of quiz shows,

until it was time for my evening read and sherry,

for tonight,

a hot steaming bowl of chicken noodle soup,

followed by shepherd's pie, 'Cheers!',

to round off the meal a few strawberries, after which I watched the start of the start of the Champion of Champions 2022 snooker march between Mark Allen and Joe Perry, and what a first match it was! lasting over 20 minutes, next I had just started watching a Midsomer Murder when Diana arrived home, so a coffee and a chat it was, we finished the evening with a New Tricks before we were off to bed.


No comments: