Thursday 24 November 2022

As Soon As I Posted The Blog,

I was out to visit Duncan,


but before I left I went to the part of the building that the bins are kept, and there as if by magic,

the mushrooms were having a second showing,

there were 2 types next to each other,

and some distance away a second group,

had sprouted up,

off to the bus stop, it was a wet, cold, cloudy day,

in the bus the same as last week, warm and humid inside, cold outside, lots of condensation, so no photographs of the journey,

arriving at Blackheath,

the florists had lots of items,

for sale with a Christmas theme,

as well as cut flowers,

and some bulbs that will hopefully flower over the Christmas holidays,

at Blackheath station, it still looked cloudy, 

it had not improved much by the time I arrived at Dartford,

looking at the fountain gave me the shivers for some reason, I guess it was the thought of the swimmers at the weekend, in the cold water of the lake in the park,

at Gravesend at the bus stand the first few signs of a blue sky,

after the bus ride a walk up the hill towards the nursing home,

where it was almost blue skies, Duncan was in fine sprits, last week we chatted away about where we first meet, taking ballroom dancing lessons, and this week we both remembered after the lessons we would all go to the Wimpy, in Beckenham High Street by the bus stop, much to Duncan's amazement I mentioned that it is still there, with the grill in the same place as when we went there all of those years before,

after saying goodbye I was on my way home,

as it happens it was quite warm in the sun,

after the bus ride to the station, there was my train,

over the footbridge to platform 0 in double time!

I was also lucky at Dartford, out of one train and straight on to another, over the road at Blackheath for the bus home,

I soon found out why the bus kept stopping, road works,

Lewisham market now with all of its weather blinds down, 

past the never to be refurbished building,

and the Catford cat,

the bus stopped by Peter Pan's Pool,

on the island, 

the lovers,

I decided to walk through the park on the way home,

funfair on the left, pond on the right,

I kept on the made up path towards the mansion,

looking to the right the start of a fine evening,

I turned right at the green in front of the mansion,

and started downhill towards the gates that stop cars from entering,

I noticed this on my way through the gates, but we already have plans for Sunday 11th.

turning left at the snail mail box I was soon home,

I wiped up any cleaning fluid residue that was left from yesterday,

and replaced the plants on the window sills, 

soon after which Diana returned home from work, so it was a coffee and a chat before my evening read and sherry,

for tonight, fish and chips, 

on with the vinegar, delicious! there were no quiz shows this evening, some sport or something was on, so we watched a couple of Motorway Police programs, they always get the bad guys! after which a couple of Antique Road Trips, 

then the highlight of the evening, Into Dinosaur Valley With Dan Snow, I had been looking forward to this all week, from a review of the programme:

'This programme focused on the great 19th-century “dino rush” in which explorers flocked to the American West in search of prehistoric treasures. And, specifically, the “Bone Wars” between rival palaeontologists Othniel Charles Marsh and Edward Drinker Cope, it was a neat mix of history and CGI T-Rexes. Snow followed in the footsteps of Marsh and Cope, attempting to give us a sense of the conditions in which the two men and their teams set to work. “I’m wilting and it’s my first day. They did it for months on end,” said Snow, after a couple of hours in the baking heat'.

as it happens we made mention of the rivalry between Marsh and Cope, in a post we made when we visited the Natural History Museum way back in July 2016, it was so enjoyable, the visit and the television programme, in no time the programme had finished, so it was one from New Tricks before we were off to bed.



No comments: