Saturday 19 November 2022

Putting Up The Front Door Christmas Wreath,

one of the pine cones was a little loose,


it eventually dropped out,

so upstairs with the wreath to warm up my trusty hot glue gun,

in no time at all the glue had set and the wreath was back on the front door,

the curtain rail slides had arrived by post,

they looked slightly different from the originals, but the distance for the rail was the same, so I added 20 or so to the rail and hooked onto the curtain, and guess what? you guessed it, they did not slide! the bottom part of the slide would not pass the fitting that held the rail to the wall, just my luck!

so unhook the curtains and remove the clips, on the left the original, in the middle the new slide, on the right a new slide with a part of the clip near the O snipped off,
 
not pretty but effective, I put the slides back on the rail and rehung the curtains, 

which sort of worked, but whilst the original slides went along the rail easily, the new ones keep sticking, I am guessing that the two types of plastic the new clip and old rail are made from are not compatible, as I am going to Bromley tomorrow I will see if I can find any of the old style slides,

if I can not find any in Bromley, it will be back to the Internet and look at which one of these is the nearest, looking at the above Drape Elegance seems to be the nearest, by now my arms felt like they were dropping off, so time to relax and watch the snooker match between Ronnie O'Sullivan and Ding Junhui, I will not say who won, in case you have not yet watched it, 

then it was feet up for Above Us the Wavesreleased in 1955, the film is based on a true story, the attack did in fact put the Tirpitz out of action for 6 months until repairs were completed, after which Diana arrived home from work with a nice treat,

a couple of venison burgers,

I had brought down the Christmas decorations, so out with the pine cones, and they had kept their cinnamon and lemon I guess it is, Christmas aroma from last year,

and of course I had to light the tealight candles,

a sherry and a quick read,

the chicken noodle soup was soon on the table,

then time for the burger, for Diana,

for myself with chips and onion rings,

eyes down and tuck in! after a break, a Simpsons and a Eggheads quiz show, the daily increasing prize now up to £31,000, the prize money goes up by £1,000 a day each day the Eggheads are not beaten,

them our film for the evening, The Cloverfield Paradox, absolutely stunning special effects, they were so good it almost makes putting a man on the Moon a mission that can be done in a studio! when that ended a New Tricks before we were off to bed.


No comments: