Tuesday 29 November 2022

I Had My Day All Planned Out,

it went like this,


Diana had already left for work, so my day started, after posting the blog and my daily exercises, dump the rubbish downstairs in the bin room, shower and breakfast with a mug of coffee, after which download some paperwork for the shop and print it, I also printed our tickets for a planned trip to Battersea Power Station, then a read of the newspapers and a few other web sites I visit, 


then the time of year that I wish I had neat handwriting, it was the time of year to start on the Christmas cards, it is a fact that many times I can not even read my own handwriting, it is a curse I have had for all of my life, and try as I might I just can not make a neat job of writing, I still remember to this day the English literary master at school commenting to me whilst handing back the classes homework, "Kemp, your writing looks like a spider has dropped in your ink well and crawled across the page", which as it happens is a pretty fair assessment of my handwriting, next a few telephone calls, for some reason one of the chaps at the shop had his Inland Revenue contributions this month increase by a factor of three, as indeed did the shops National Insurance bill, so I was asked to see what the problem was, so telephone calls to the bookkeeper and the accountant, it appears that a wrong IR code was sent to one of the staff which impacted the shops NI bill, apparently it will all be sorted out over the next few months, it is one of life's strange ironies, when you owe the IR the money it is taken toot sweet, when a refund is due it will be 'sorted out over the next few months', next a email to ask where 2 of the 3 CDs I had ordered and paid for on the 8th of this month were, the promised delivery date was the 14th, so I allowed another couple of weeks but still 2 of the CDs had not arrived, the reply was that a postal workers strike might have held them up, which really does not explain how one of the three arrived and the other two from the same company have not, another of life's little mysteries, Diana arrived home in the late afternoon, again some sport had disrupted our normal evenings television, but after our evening meal an Endeavour that we had not watched before was being shown, which was very enjoyable, we rounded off the evening with a New Tricks before we were off to bed.



No comments: