Thursday 17 November 2022

As Soon As I Posted The Blog,

I was out into a wet park,


it had been raining so much the footpaths had flooded,

and looked like it would start raining again as I made my way to the 54 bus stop,

inside the bus, the condensation made looking out of the windows impossible,

in Blackheath the florists had a colourful display outside,

especially the cyclamen,

new for this week, coloured barrel cactus, (Echinocactus grusonii),

the cut flowers also putting on a nice show,

I was soon at Dartford, 

a few ducks on the pond next to the station. thankfully just a few minutes wait for the train to Gravesend,

arriving there then to the bus stand, with the 481 route now permanently cancelled, it was a bit of a wait for the 483,

still it gave me time to photograph the sky over Gravesend,

up the hill to the nursing home,

the weather had taken a turn for the better,

some of the tree leaves turning a lovely copper colour in the sun light,

the clock in tower correct twice every 24 hours!

whilst chatting to Duncan a squirrel passed by on the outside handrail,

I zoomed in, he was hording nuts for the winter, Duncan and myself chatted away, Duncan was his usual happy self, we remembered where we first meet, taking ballroom dancing lessons at the Courtney Castle School of Dance way back in the late 1960s, the school was over what is now the Odeon cinema in Beckenham, great times and memories,

after saying our farewells as I left I noticed the weather had improved dramatically,

luckily not too much of a wait for the bus and I was soon at Gravesend station,

where the train I need was waiting at platform 0, another lucky break, as I alighted at Dartford a train was waiting at the station so on and away I went,

arriving at Blackheath, the bus stop opposite the florists,

which still looked nice from over the road,

in no time I was heading towards Lewisham,

and its market,

with piles of produce ready to put on to display,

in Catford the building that is being taken over by climbing plants,

if I was a office worker there, I am not sure I would like opening the windows in the summer, 

just think of all of the insects that would find their way into the office!

as the bus neared Peter Pan's pool a couple of geese had a fly past,

this afternoon the fountain in the pool,

now working,

past the New Beckenham entrance to Beckenham Place Park,

as I had no shopping to do, I alighted here at the Stumps Lane entrance,

into the park,

and along the path,

to the left the fair,

the last time I took this way into the park I walked to the right of the pond,

this time I followed the path to the left of it,

and then turned to the right, 

on the left the mansion house,

on this side of the pool,

a viewing platform had been built,

no ducks today, and as far as I could see no fish,

onwards to the Foxgrove Lodge entrance,

onto the road that leads to the gates that stop cars from entering,

and there they are,

through the open pedestrian entrance/exit, I made my way towards the snail mail box,

then on my way home, 

Diana was still at home as she was on late shift this evening, it was feet up for a tea and a couple of those delicious macaroons we had bought at Polhill on our last visit, after Diana left for work I was upstairs, bringing down all of the Christmas decorations, what a job, the Christmas tree seems to put on weight every year!

I then assembled the tree, and joy of joys all of the lights worked!

this all took some time, at the weekend Diana will start hanging the Christmas decorations whilst tomorrow I will start on our front door,

it was time for a late sherry and a read,

and a smoked salmon sandwich, after which it was a Midsomer Murder, and a New Tricks, during which Diana arrived home from work, so a coffee and a chat it was then, before we were off to bed.


No comments: