Wednesday 16 November 2022

Only One Post Today,

as it is Wednesday I will be out to visit Duncan as soon as I post this,


back to Tuesday, Diana did not have to leave for work until the afternoon, so a fry up it was then, baked beans on toast topped with 2 eggs and a few rashers of bacon, 'Cheers!, with a mug of tea,

after Diana left for work in the afternoon, a job I was not looking forward to, up on the step ladder to replace the curtain hooks that had arrived by post, when we first moved in and bought the curtains we were a number of hooks short, we never used to draw the curtains, but now with energy prices so high we now draw them in the evening, having a number of curtain hooks missing made them difficult to open and close, so new hooks ordered and here I was wobbling at the top of the ladder,

them a second problem became apparent, there were not enough sliders, well there were enough sliders, but ours looked like this,

from the side they looked fine,

 
but from this view they were missing the all important 'O' at the bottom that the curtain hooks go through,

they should have looked like this, so on to the Internet, which I hate doing, but to travel to Bromley and back for just a £1.99 pack of curtain sliders seem to take more effort than it was worth, hopefully the sliders will arrive in a few days, next my househusband thing, a job I hate doing, washing the glass shelves in the bathroom, it is not difficult but I am so afraid that one might slip and I drop it whist cleaning it and it breaks, but thankfully all went well, next on to the aquarium, a clean of the glasses inside and out, before a couple of quiz shows and my evening meal, Diana had left me a country vegetable soup with some diced gammon ham left over from Sunday, delicious! I watched a couple of Antique Road Trips, a Simpsons and then the repeat of the afternoons snooker, today a match between Judd Trump and Xiao Guodong, with Xiao plying a very unusual over the table backwards shot, towards himself, (do not look if you do not want to know the score), at nearly the end of which Diana arrived home, so a coffee, a chat and a New Tricks it was before we were off to bed.


No comments: