Tuesday 22 November 2022

Eventually I Fitted The New Curtain Slides,

it took an age, 


for some reason keeping my arms over my head for the entire operation, I had to take a couple of breaks, then sort of good and bad news, the new slides I bought worked better than the ones I had bought a few days previously, but, they were still very 'sticky' and did not move anywhere as freely as the originals that I am guessing are some 20 or more years old, so a cunning plan was developing, there are about 10 or15 original slides at the fixed end of the curtain, I will remove those and use them at the active end of the curtain, and use the new ones where the curtain does not slide so much at the fixed end of it, job for tomorrow!

next for today, clean the mould that had started to develop due to condensation, lots of water, a slight scrub and a spray with a anti mould compound, next a window clean with a ammonia spray, all clean, time to put back the plants,

all looking spick and span, I will clean the two side windows the same way tomorrow, just after I finished Diana arrived home, we would have watched a couple of quiz shows but these had been cancelled due to some sports thing, so a Midsomer Murder it was until our evening meal, after which a Simpsons and a Eggheads, the roll over continuing, tomorrow a lucky team could be going home with £32,000! a couple of Antiques Road Trips brought us up to a Lewis, we rounded off the evening with a New Tricks before we were off to bed.


No comments: