Wednesday 9 November 2022

As Soon As I Posted The Blog,

I was out on my way to visit Duncan,


Diana had already left for work, in the park it started out as a nice day,

just slightly wispy blue skies,

passing Foxgrove Lodge a slight traffic build up,

still blue skies as I headed into Catford,

past Lewisham town hall, located in the middle of Catford,

and what was once Lewisham fire station,

and the never ending refurbishment,

Lewisham market in full swing, 

a quick couple of photographs of the florists,

winter hyacinths putting on a good show,

and if you look carefully on the left, a late visitor,

a huge bumblebee, a bit late in the year for him I would have thought, but there he is,

as I arrived in Dartford the train for Gravesend was waiting, as I caught the bus that was on time in Beckenham, both of the train connections were spot on,

and here I was in Gravesend, the skies just slightly starting to cloud over,

at 10.28 just 8 minutes for the 483,

due now,

and then it disappeared! much to the disgust of the 10 or so of us passengers waiting,

looking at the photographs I arrived at 10.28, it was now 10.53, the next 483 expected in 20 minutes, and the green eco nutters tell us to take public transport, and this is the service the public is offered! I should also say that by the time the bus arrived it was a bit touch and go by now if everyone waiting was going to get on!

before I alighted at the nursing home I asked the driver what times past the hour the return buses would be stopping here, the reply, "there is no time table, we are here when we are here", what a great way to run a service the public depends on,

arriving at the home I was greeted with this banner,

I am not sure what this will mean to Duncan's care here,

the clock tower correct twice a day as usual,

I made my way into see Duncan, as we were chatting, a surprise, Duncan's wife and one of his daughters arrived, Melina had called in with daughter Amber who was on her way back to her university in Manchester, so Melina was on her way to drop Amber off at the station, and then call back for a meeting about Duncan with the home, after they said their farewells we carried on chatting until lunch time, when I said goodbye to Duncan,

out of the home,

I made my way to the station,

where the train for Dartford was conveniently waiting,

when I arrived in Dartford it was chucking it down,

the same at Blackheath,

although I was at the front of the bus, the window was streaming with rain water, so no photographs on the way home,

at Beckenham I popped into Lidl,

no lines of potted plants for sale,

although the cut flowers looked nice, I was hoping that boxes of wine would be back in stock, also a couple of bottles of spiced rum, but you guessed it, when I enquired not only had boxes of red wine been discontinued, the spiced rum I normally buy had been replaced by another 'no-name' spiced rum at a staggering £4.00 a bottle increase, as it happens at £14.99 a bottle for the no name spiced rum I will go to Waitrose, and for the same price buy one of my favourite spiced rums, Sailor Jerry, now with no red wine and expensive spiced rum, there is no real reason for me to shop at Lidl any more, how to lose a customer in one easy lesson!

great news on the way home a 227 was just pulling up to the bus stop, leaving the bus at the town hall, I walked home past the graveyard that is normally in darkness when I return home of a Friday night,

and took a couple of photographs,

it must have been raining a lot as the pathway in the park was flooded,

Diana was at home and after a couple of game shows it was time for our evening meal, chicken and mash for Diana,

bangers and mash for myself,

eyes down and tuck in, in the evening we settled down for our usual fare, a Antiques Road Trip, followed by a Midsomer Murder and a New Ticks before were off to bed.


No comments: