Sunday 20 November 2022

I accompanied Diana On Her Way To Work,

I was going to pop into Bromley,


time for a quick pose,

and we were off to the bus stop, I left Diana there as I needed a 227, the stop was past the church,

past the green,

the Christmas tree already in place,

opposite the church,

I called into Marks & Spencer's for a few things for Duncan's visit next week,

the poppies still at the church main entrance,

after the bus ride to Bromley into the market square,

in the distance,

a slightly wonky Christmas tree, it certainly had a bit of a list about it,

past the balloon seller,

and chestnut stall,

speaking of stalls, all of the Christmas ones were here,

this one huge,

a double story German bier house,

and of course lots of rides,

like the helter-skelter,

and Ferris wheel,

but this is where I was headed Robert Dyers, for the curtain rail slides, as it happens they did not have exactly the ones I wanted, but there was a pretty good match, so I bough those, a job I am not looking forward to which I think I will put off until Monday,

back onto the bus, in Beckenham I walked past the rear of the church, 

it is normally pitch black in the evening when I walk past, but today the illumination from inside showed off the stained glass windows,

a few paces further on,

and the second window was in view,

looking across the green,

the Christmas tree was intimated,

into the park, it was a grey sky, 

and getting dark already, in the afternoon and early evening I watched the snooker, a match between Mark Allen vs Jack Lisowski, a great struggle from one of the competitors, I will not mention who,

it was then time for my read and sherry,

Diana was still at work, but she had made me a huge chicken curry, note to self, buy bigger plates!

'Cheers!', after my meal,

 it was feet up for Pirates of the Caribbean, the last of the Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy, At World's End, for me the best of the three, I think the surreal part of the film where Captain Jack Sparrow is in what appears to be a huge salt flat makes the film even better, towards the end of the film Diana arrived home, so a coffee and a chat as we watched a Midsomer Murder, as it happens they had been showing Midsomer's back to back all day, after which we were off to bed.


No comments: