Saturday 27 February 2010

First Thing And Off To Soi Bukoaw Market

Diana had a bit of shopping to do, so while she did that I wandered around some of the stalls looking for a few pairs of shorts, maybe military style?
no these are more me, but in the end under the tenting it was so hot I gave up,
it was almost cooler in the sunlight, so a quick look around the plant section, some lovely orchids, every week a new specie comes into flower,
these were very delicate,
the flowers about one inch across,
more orchids, a real delight,
then it was a iced coffee for me and one for Diana when she returned from shopping in the market,
onto the railway, more ballasting,
this time the area between the rails, trying not to jam up the points,
easier said than done! but a few more days and it should almost be finished, then on to the vegetation,
then to Tepprisit night market,
again we were a bit early, looks like a full moon tonight, I had better keep an eye on Diana!
some of the stalls still had the owners trucks in front of them unloading,
I keep thinking about buying one of these helicopters, trouble is I know the first flight will end in tears!
on to the fish section, the owner of this stall has cleaned out the pond and put a stork in it, over the past few weeks it was getting very over grown,
the marine shop, open again this week,
lots of small clown fish,
and a few seahorses,
then along to the isles selling food,
all 20 baht a portion, crabs, squid and many other things I could not identify,
Diana returns from another successful shopping trip, strawberries tonight!
but first fish, peas, onion rings and chips,
"Cheers!" from me, then it was settle down for a few movies,
first we watched Pursuit of the Graf Spee, AKA The Battle Of The River Plate, again a film I had not seen since I was a kid, I thought it was in black and white so I must have seen it last on a B&W television, then The Man Who Would Be King, a movie I saw at the cinema many years ago, the story was written by Rudyard Kipling in 1888, a much underestimated movie, for some strange reason when ever I think of this movie it always bring to mind a H. G. Wells short story, in case you did not know he was a very prolific writer, but the story I think about is The Country of the Blind, you could call it, In The Country Of The Blind The One Eyed Man Is King, but you would be wrong, great story read it if you have time, then another episode of Midsomer Murders and off to bed.

No comments: