Wednesday 6 April 2016

I Remember Playing Ping-Pong,

as a kid,
at the local youth center one of the many games that were there to play was ping-pong as we called it, or table tennis if you came from the other side of the tracks, there was always a ready supply of bats, most battered with the rubber part of them hanging off or missing altogether, but since those days bats have come on a pace, take a look at the one above, a ping pong bat by Coconut, the blade consists of a blonde 3 ply bamboo wood, with a handle that is an amber edge grain bamboo wood, it is one size fits all (mirrored for right and left handed players), it was the price that I could not believe, $108!

but it appears that I am way out of touch when it comes to ping-pong as some bats like the one above, the Ryu Seung Min G Max come in at $349.99,

or for just a tad more you could go for the Zhang Jike Super ZLC Blade at $412.99, I really had no idea that the humble bat I used as a kid had come on so far as the state of the art that these ones are, amazing! and no I am not on commision.


No comments: