Thursday 6 October 2011

There Was Nothing That I Found Interesting, Amusing Or Just Plain Weird,

in the papers this morning,


so on with the post, we watched a few DVDs in the day, but in the evening we decided on a curry night at the Robin's Nest, but due to me not reading the sign we did not have a curry, the sign said the curry nights started in November D'Oh!


 but the restaurant did have a special on soup,


for us we decided on a chicken and mushroom pie and mash, followed by ice cream at 159 baht, also for me a glass of wine at a very reasonable price of just 59 baht,


 joining us was Russ who stays literally just round the corner, he went for the fish and chips,


Diana looking as lovely as ever, we will be back in November to try the curry night as we both enjoy Indian style food,

in the afternoon we settled down to a favorite, the scene in the salt desert so surreal in Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, we are looking forward to number 4 and 5 in the series,


Appaloosa starts with a flurry then takes on a nice easy pace, in 1882, New Mexico Territory, Virgil Cole and Everett Hitch are itinerant lawmen, hired by desperate towns as marshal and deputy, as a gang are taking the town over, a feel good movie for Western fans,


the to a murder mystery, Copycat, a killer is reenacting past murderers killings, can he be stopped in his quest to become the most famous killer of all time?

the last of season 8 tonight and the last of Sergeant Dan Scott, as Midsomer Rhapsody is the story title for this tale, when an early copy of Midsomer's beloved (and dead) composer Joan Alder's most famous work surfaces, people start dying, as usual I totally failed to identify the killer,

next the start of series 9, The House in the Woods, an estate agent is in a scam with a builder to knock down the price of an abandon house that is rumoured to be haunted, it is up for sale, but who or what is is killing anyone wishing to buy the house? then for us off to bed.

2 comments:

Issarat said...

Stan,
Didn't know you were in the print business; my fathers career was as a lithograper!

PattayaStan said...

Dear Issarat, I was indeed in the print, for some reason in those days it was drummed into you at school to get a trade, in my years at Benson school in lunch times I helped produce the school magazine using an Adana 8X5 printing press and hand (stick) comping so I applied for a job in the print, the problem being with no family connections in the trade I ended up serving a 5 year indenture as a pen and disc ruler, for any one that does not know what that is, if you open an old fashioned account book you will see lots of blue lines (feints) going across the page and typically red column lines going down , I spent 5 years learning to operate the machines that did that, at the time I wished I could have been a litho or gravure operator, but was told those jobs were only available if you had family/union connections, in any event I stuck at learning about fish and working part time in a fish shop, also when I was about 13 I started supply a couple of shops with fish that I breed, so when my indenture was finished it was to the aquatic trade, sorry about the long reply! Best regards, Stan and Diana.