Wednesday 1 February 2023

As Soon As I Posted The Blog,

I was out on my way to visit Duncan,


into a not particularly cold day,

but cold enough for the bus windows to keep steaming over,

past a cold Peter Pan's Pool,

unlike last week lots of birds here today,

and then it all went wrong, the change over driver at Catford bus garage had not arrived, 

it was after 5 minutes or so I knew that I would miss the 09.31 train that means I do not have to change trains at Dartford with the attendant wait, a few minutes later a driver appeared and I was back on my way to Blackheath Village,

the road works in Catford now completed,

but work on the pavement continues,

past Lewisham market,

in the village I raced past the florist and did not take any photographs, but I was too late, the 09.31 to Gravesend had already left, 

so a change of train and cold wait at Dartford it was then,

arriving in Gravesend at the train station, it is a short walk to the bus stand, the skies over Gravesend looking a bit grey,

after the bus ride a walk up the hill,

to the nursing home where Duncan lives, we chatted away, he was in great sprits, amongst other things we talked about the strikes that meant I was a day early visiting this week, after saying our goodbyes,

I was off to the bus stop, where the local bus service went mustang, I waited for 1 hour and 5 minutes for a bus, obviously the the one every half hour had been cut to one every hour, when it arrived there were so many of us at the bus stop, worse still the bus was packed, I really thought we might not all get on, it really annoys me when the greenie, left tree huggers say leave the car at home, and then dismally fail to provide alternative public transport,

arriving at the station a bit of good news, although leaving later the 14.04 train would get me to Blackheath quicker than taking the earlier 13.49 and changing at Dartford, so only a 24 minute wait, 

and here it was on platform 0, I sit in the end carriage so it is only a short walk at Blackheath for the exit to the road,

I was the only customer in this part of the train,

arriving at Blackheath I took a few photographs of the florists that I normally take in the morning,

lots of spring plants,

like these primroses,

and plenty of cut flowers,

on to the bus and still no change at the Taco Bell, it seems strange doing all of this work only then not to open,

past the entrance to the building that never seems to be finished,

on top of one of the bus shelters that have a 'bee hotel' as it is called on top,

the plants there starting to change colour,

I stayed on the bus as I had decided to buy some lobster bisque soup, alighting at the green,

crossing the road I passed this tricycle,

at the entrance to Marks & Spencer's, I had looked on the Internet, both Marks and Waitrose stocked the soup, but I was told in was no longer sold, shame that Marks does not update its website, on the way home I will call into Waitrose,

as I was in town I decided to pop into Villagers Sausages, it is a shop that sells what it says, sausages,

the display,

with more sausages than you could possibly wish for,

here is their catalogue,

non spicy,

and spicy,

and a few more items they sell as well, I bought 4 Villagers special pork, 4 Cumberland and 2 Thai pork, total £14.40,

up the hill and past the church,

and into Waitrose, where yet again although advertised as being in stock on the Internet, there were no tins of lobster bisque soup, the assistant told me they are not stocked, she knew this as on the shelves there was not a space or a code for them, the wonders of the Internet, if only shops kept their websites up to date!

a walk back home past Foxgrove Lodge,

the skies clearing, arriving home Diana had beaten me there, for our evening meal Diana had a Thai meal, I had a sandwich, after which a Antiques Road Show followed by one from Midsomer Murder and one from ITVX, a Lewis, before we were off to bed.


No comments: