Wednesday 15 February 2023

Happy Valentines Day!

Diana was so surprised,


I should say that I am only making one post today and as soon as it is posted I will be on my way to visit Duncan,

Diana found the big card under the front door,

so a quick pose with that,

and then time for the presents,

both wrapped in Valentines paper,

the last time I went to town I bought all of the roses, one hundred as it happens, and presents, the tricky thing was smuggling them into the flat and hiding them until today,

firstly a couple of champagne flutes,

and some love heart chocolates,

which I know Diana will enjoy,

and using these when we have some bubbly and a evening together, after Diana left for work the postman arrived with a couple of books I had ordered, both by Jorge Francisco Isidoro Luis Borges Acevedo,

photograph Wikimedia Commons, we were watching a program on television when reference was made to Uqbara, which did not make sense, but when the ‘a’ at the end of the word was dropped it became Uqbar, as in the title of a short story Tlön, Uqbar, Orbis Tertius,


 in the book Labyrinths by Borges, so I order the book and one other,

The Book of Sand by the same author, Jorge Luis Borges (1899 – 1986), he was an Argentine short-story writer, essayist, poet and translator, as well as a key figure in Spanish-language and international literature, I have to say I will be looking forward to reading these when I finish the biography of the Reverend J. G. Wood, after a couple of documentaries in the afternoon and a couple of quiz shows it was time for my evening meal, followed by a Outback Opal Hunters and a Antiques Road Trip, next a Midsomer Murder after which Diana arrived home from work, 

and Diana opened up her second Valentines card, a coffee and a chat as we watched the start of A Touch of Frost, we stopped half way through as it was well past midnight, and Diana has another early shift tomorrow and with that we were off to bed.


No comments: