Sunday 5 February 2023

I Joined Diana,

on her walk to the bus stop,


Diana was going to work, 

I was off to pick up some metalwork files and a sanding block from Toolstation,

a view of the station from the top deck of the bus,

ditto the war memorial,

past the Elm Tree,

and here I was at Elmer End bus terminal, 

normally any bits and pieces I pick up at Screwfix, just across the road, but I got confused and for some reason ordered from Toolstation,

which was a walk over the railway bridge,

there it was,

in the far distance,

down the other side of the bridge, where I made a 'U' turn,

into the business park,

and as you might have guessed, Toolstation was the building furthest away from the entrance to the park,

into and out of the store,

and I was homeward bound,

as I passed Foxgrove Lodge, 

some work was going on at the front of the other gate house opposite,

as I walked towards home I noticed these, the first of the spring,

cherry blossoms, spring is in the air!

also in the grass verges where dog walkers do not park their cars,

the first crocuses,

are starting to put on a good show,

back home I used the sanding block to ease the bathroom door, so it no longer needs a shove to close it,

I also used with not much success the files to open the shut,

that the locks tongue engages in, after what seemed like an age of filling I gave up, my fingers were numb, a job for next week,

on to my read and evening sherry,

for tonight liver and bacon with mash potatoes, 'Cheers!',

I then watched the fifth and sixth episode of Wolf Hall, bringing the series to a close, and I have to say how for myself, it was so enjoyable,

then a bit of a strange one, Legion, it is a TV series, David Haller, a paranoid schizophrenic, is admitted to a psychiatric facility, later, an inexplicable encounter with fellow patient Syd Barrett makes him realise that he may not be ill after all, I watched the first episode finishing just as Diana arrived home, so one from Lewis before we were off to bed.


No comments: