Sunday 12 February 2023

I Had A Change Of Plan Today,

firstly I had a zoom meeting in the morning,


secondly we were dangerously low on red wine, and as Diana was on early shift and would be home in the afternoon I did not want to go into town whilst she was at home, so before the zoom meeting I was off,

into a grey day,

into Lidl and out again,

and I was on my way home for the zoom meeting for the residents of where we live, for this years expenditure on maintenance of the building, as it happened the meeting was over sooner than I expected,

so The Man From Planet X, it was then, not that I am saying it was a low budget 'B' movie, but it was a low budget 'B' movie, that came out of the 1950s, this one released in 1951,

after the film had finished Diana arrived home from work after a rest it was time for a sherry and a read,

and our starters, prawns and scallops in a cheese sauce for Diana, a smoked salmon salad for myself,

'Cheers!',

another treat for this evening, wagyu steaks, with a cheese sauce for Diana,

boiled potatoes and coleslaw for myself,

eyes down and tuck in, 

we followed that with a Valentines dessert, pink heart shaped topped profiteroles with sliced strawberries and cream,

what a meal! we were full to bursting, after listening to music it was feet up for a couple of films,

firstly The Adams Family, 1991, great fun from the family, which we followed with,

The Comancheros, 1961, a good 'ole cowboy and indian romp, naturally the good guys trumping over evil, you can never beat John Wayne, well except at the Alamo, after which Diana went to bed as she was a tad tired from her early start, for myself a favourite of mine, 

The Prisoner, a TV series from 1967, I loved it at the time and jumped at the opportunity to buy all 17 episodes on DVD, the story is that after resigning, a secret agent is abducted and taken to what looks like an idyllic village, but is really a bizarre prison, his warders demand information, he gives them nothing, but only tries to escape, it developed into having almost a cult following in the UK, I watched the first episodeArrival, which sets the scene for the series, unfortunately I think I will be watching these on my own, when we watched the first in the series many years ago, Diana did not like it one bit! then for myself off to bed. 


No comments: