Thursday 9 February 2023

It Was A Cold Frosty Morning,

I made a start on yesterdays post before I was off,


to visit Duncan,

not a breath of a breeze,

the grass covered in frost,

looking back towards the tennis courts,

past the snail mail box,

in the garden at Foxgrove Lodge, frost over the rhododendron buds,

and on top of the sign, I caught the number 54 to Blackheath, the bus was packed, I had a aisle seat, so I could not take any photographs, but great news, no change of driver at the bus garage, into Lewisham at 09.05, so plenty of time for the Gravesend train at 09.31, but, there was a 'incident' in Lewisham, I alighted at the station and ran down to the platform, 

just in time to see the Gravesend train leave the station, 

it was not a long wait for the next train to Dartford,

but I had to wait at Dartford for the next train to Gravesend,

arriving at Gravesend it was a 15 minuet wait for the bus to the nursing home that Duncan stays in,

which gave me time to photograph some cobwebs, that without the frost and dew I would not have normally seen,

up the hill to the nursing home, 

where Duncan was watching television in his room, we chatted away,

and then heard a noise outside,

it was the most mangy fox I have ever seen in my life,

the poor thing also had some sort of eye infection, such a shame, we carried on chatting and put the world to rights as the news was on, when Duncan's lunch arrived, just before 13.00,

I made a move for the bus stop, 

luckily just a 40 minuet wait this week for the bus, so I arrived at the station at 13.50, in plenty of time for the 14.04 which will take me to Blackheath,

any second now,

and here it is,

arriving at the station I took a few photographs of the florists that I ran past this morning trying to catch the train, plenty of potted plants,

and lots of Valentine's cards,

past the market in Lewisham,

the works on the pavement, or I should say underneath it at Catford still ongoing,

past Peter Pan's Pool, which this morning was almost all covered in ice,

clear blue skies and no sign of frost as I passed the corner,

Diana was already home when I arrived, she had been on early shift, I decide against a sherry, just a wine and a read,

followed by a smoked salmon sandwich, 

after which we watched Into Dinosaur Valley With Dan Snow, we had watched it before, but it was so good we decided to watch it again, this is from the last time we viewed the programme, a review:

'This programme focused on the great 19th-century “dino rush” in which explorers flocked to the American West in search of prehistoric treasures. And, specifically, the “Bone Wars” between rival palaeontologists Othniel Charles Marsh and Edward Drinker Cope, it was a neat mix of history and CGI T-Rexes. Snow followed in the footsteps of Marsh and Cope, attempting to give us a sense of the conditions in which the two men and their teams set to work. “I’m wilting and it’s my first day. They did it for months on end,” said Snow, after a couple of hours in the baking heat'.

as it happens we made mention of the rivalry between Marsh and Cope, in a post we made when we visited the Natural History Museum way back in July 2016, it was so enjoyable, the visit and the television programme, in no time the programme had finished, I then continued writing and posting the blog whilst Diana watched one from a series from Taiwan or South Korea I think it was, blog posted, so it was one from Lewis, but it was a episode we had watched just a few days ago on ITVX, so we turned that on and continued watching a episode we had not seen before, then one from I Have Got A Bit More News For You, before we were off to bed.


No comments: