Tuesday 7 February 2023

First Thing After Posting The Blog,

I was out,


which is why there will only be one post today, for the past few days we have been, via our telephones, receiving messages about a sudden cold snap that will be here Sunday evening, but today Monday morning,

it was a tad chilly, but no frost,

I had an appointment at the doctors surgery to give blood for a health check, over the green,

and past the church, then just a short walk to the surgery, blood given, appointment made for a telephone call from my doctor to discus the result, and I was on my way home,

walking past the gate house on the corner of a road called The Knoll,

walking towards the church, not a breath of wind, the English flag lying against the flagpole,

as I walked across the green, I noticed these,

snowdrops,

putting on a nice display,

in the morning sun,

as it happens there are quite a number of snowdrops in the area,

I made my way across the green,

and passed Foxgrove Lodge,

not a cloud in the sky as I neared home, arriving home we both had a late breakfast before Diana left for work on her late shift, for myself I watched what I thought was a Hammer film on one of the cable channels, as it stared Peter Cushing, but it was made by another company,

 titled The Blood Beast Terror, it was so like a Hammer production, and quite good too considering it age, released in 1969, after a couple of quiz shows and my evening meal it was,

 The Great Pottery Thowdown, a series where potters given a theme have to out pot each other, it is amazing how often things do not go according to plan! I followed that with a Outback Opal Hunters and a Deadliest Catch before I watched more than a few 'Fails', cars, boats, pets, people, all great fun if like myself you like that sort of thing until Diana arrived home, then it was a Lewis, which is so enjoyable, before we were of to bed.


No comments: