Friday 17 February 2023

First Thing I Had A Call from My Doctor,

as arraigned to discuss the results of my blood test,


all was well just a slight change to one of my medications, next a call from Graham at the shop, I thought we had exchanged from one telephone line supplier to another all 3 of our lines, but the old company had just sent 2 invoices for two lines, apparently the new company had only changed one of the lines, after a morning of calling both companies, it took me so far into the afternoon that Diana arrived home and I was still on hold! I found out that the transfer was still in place but for the other 2 lines to be transferred would not be completed until some time in April! I find this amazing that to transfer 3 telephone lines that the shop asked to be transferred in January will take until April to complete, but there it is, next for myself a walk into town,

passing the florist,

that had a nice display outside,

and into the chemists to pick up my revised medication, I also called into Superdrug and the card shop, but more of that later,

a walk back home past the church,

where the snowdrops were putting on a good show,

and a couple of crocus were there too,

in the garden at Foxgrove Lodge,

the buds on one of the rhododendrons was just starting to open, arriving home, a coffee and then we were out, on to a number 54 bus,

to Kathmandu Masala, in Croydon Road Beckenham, as we figured that the restaurant would be busy on Valentines Day in the evening, this was our Valentines Day meal, Diana started with a mixed kebab, an assortment of marinated lamb, chicken and paneer cooked in the clay oven.

for myself a prawn puri,

all set to tuck in,

after a long break our main course, one lamb, one chicken, aloo gobi, mushroom and pea pulao rice and a nan bread,

'Cheers!' from Diana with a coke, 

for myself a Gurkha larger with a dash of lime,

next a after meal freshen up,

followed by a coffee for Diana, now why I went to Superdrug and the card shop, yet again I had forgotten our wedding anniversary! and as Boots in Beckenham does not sell perfume I went to Superdrug to buy the present and the card shop to wrap it,

Diana had no idea that I had bought a wedding anniversary present with me, so it was close your eyes and hey presto!

the wrapping pretty in pink,

Diana was so happy and did not mind that I had forgotten, as she remarked, in the past 5 anniversaries I had only remembered one of them, so this was not a surprise, I have made a note in my telephone diary for next year! the bill for our meal, which was excellent including 2 beers and 2 cokes for Diana came £75.40 including service charge, we made our way home where it was feet up for 2 from A Touch of Frost before Diana was off to bed, she was so tired from the early start at work this morning, I watched one more from The Prisoner before I too was off to bed. 


No comments: