Saturday 4 February 2023

We Had A Quiet Day,

in the afternoon Diana left for work,


for myself it was out with the file that Graham had lent me, I tried to take some metal from the door lock and also some wood from the bathroom door that had swollen and was not shutting without a good push, with limited success, the file did not seem to have any effect on the metal, and clogged up as it was so fine with wood from the door, so tomorrow a trip to Toolstation to buy a course file and sanding block, so for myself it was feet up for The Far Country, a rousing western, as you might expect from a 1954 movie, the good guy wins out in the end,

next a read and a sherry,

Diana had left me a huge chilli con carne, which was delicious, after which I was out to the Moon & Stars to meet Steve, for a change I caught a 354 to Clock House, and changed there for a 227,

one of the shops at the stop had a nice rendition of The Great Wave off Kanagawa, which we have mentioned many times on the blog, then a bit of a disaster, the 227 arrived and speed off, it was packed, as usual the UK's public transport service totally letting down the traveling public, arriving eventually at the pub, I managed to snag a booth before Steve arrived, we chatted the evening away, after saying our farewells I was on a 227 hurtling on my way home, 

a walk past the graveyard,

and across the green into the park,

Diana had beaten me home, so a nightcap it was then as we watched Total Recall, the 1990 version that we both enjoyed before we were off to bed.


No comments: