Sunday 16 January 2011

Don't Get Mad,

get even! I must admit I thought this was a great way to get your own back, it appears in America there is a service called Robocall, you can leave a message and send it at a predetermined time to however many people you wish, well, Prince George's County School in Upper Marlboro in Maryland had Robocall telephone 127,000 people at 04.30 in the morning to tell them that the school would be closed because of snow, Aaron Titus was not amused by the timing of this call, I suspect more that a few others wished it could have been made at a better time! but not to be out done he made his own Robocall to the school governors at the same time the following day with this message,

'this is a Prince George's County School District parent, calling to thank you for the Robocall yesterday at 4.30 in the morning who decided to return the favour, while I know the school district wanted to ensure I drop my child off two hours late on a snow day, I already knew that before I went to bed, I hope this call demonstrates why a 4.30am call does more to annoy than to inform, quit Robocalling parents at 4:30 in the morning or at least allow us to opt out of these intrusive calls',

Prince George’s spokesman Darrell Pressley said that the Robocall went out to all 127,000 homes in the district because the wrong time was put in, Mr Pressley added: ‘It's the first time - and the last time, as they say, 'don't get mad get even!

No comments: