Saturday 26 December 2015

Up Early For Christmas Morning,

and I had to have a look,


 under the Christmas tree,

 to see what Father Christmas had left there,

 shirt and shorts, so that is today's wardrobe sorted!

 in the afternoon off to the market,

 I have to say it, these key rings look really sad,

 slight cloud looking towards Jomtien,

 and a slightly yellow sky when I zoomed in,

 but clear blue sky looking inland,

 opposite the bar this evening a stage had been set up for a show, 

 I made my way towards the pet section,

 passing the fresh fruit stalls, 

 at the pet section a number of stalls not yet open,

 but this one selling pet beds was,

 I made my way past the food stalls,

 sunset over the market,

 as I sat at the bar,

 two or three mobile ice cream,

 or food sellers walked past,

 I was joined this evening by Brian,

 then the show began,

 the girls dancing had a slight disadvantage, the high heels and soles must have made it very difficult for them,

 but the good news was that everyone,

 had a good time, the strange thing was neither Brian our myself had a clue about what the show was promoting, I said my farewells to Brian then home change and off I went,

after a slight change of clothes to Yupins, I had telephoned for a table there, 

 as I made my way along the soi,

 I started to realise I was in the wrong one,

 I passed the Winner bar,

 one of the condominiums in the distance,

 and turned right towards The Venue,

 turning right again I was now in the correct soi running parallel to the one I was in,

 and there it was on the right,

 Yupins,

 I was shown to my table by Peter the congenial owner,

 this evenings menu,

 I went with the garlic sizzling prawns,

 tops removed and here they are, delicious,

dinners on the table next to me were having a dessert that needed some brandy warmed, and this is how Peter does it,

 after a suitable gap my main course arrived,

 then dessert, Christmas pudding served with cream, ice cream and custard,

 Barry called over for a chat and to watch the brandy being applied,

 it was soon at the correct temperature,

 and swiftly poured, 

 to finish the meal a coffee and chocolate,

 Perter then brought me over a very large complementary rum, we also had a chat about a favourite tipple of many from the navy, Wood and Shrub

if you are planing to visit Yupins, and I recommend that you do, this is the soi you want from Thappraya Road, walk under the sign and Yupins is on the left hand side,

 I decided to take a motorbike taxi home,

 the big screen at the T junction of Thappraya Road,

and Thepprasit Road,

 now here a a bit of fun, we have been to Yupins two or more times before,


 where I sampled the red Russian caviar from Kamchatka in the Far East of Russia, served with quails eggs, salad, mayonnaise, gherkins and silver onions, well Peter has given out to those who have tried it a 'get you back to Yupins' card, great fun,

arriving home I watched The Book Of Eli, then for me I was off to bed.


No comments: