Tuesday 13 August 2019

About Midday,

I was off to the dentist,


 the sky overcast,

 the church green deserted as there waa a fine rain,

 I am having what is left of the tooth that has given me so many problems over the years taken out, basically what is left has a number of cracks init,

 which is why the crown kept falling out with such monotonous regularity,

 looking towards Bromley the weather looked decidedly stormy,

 I arrived by bus at the dentist, then as usual my luck with anything electrical or with my teeth ran out, despite spending so much time cutting the gum and digging around, all I kept hearing every so often was an enormous crack sound in my head as the tooth broke and bits of it were extracted piece by piece, then the bad news, the last third near my sinus was too entrenched to remove, an X-ray was taken of what was left, this will be sent to one of the local hospitals where I will be admitted for surgery,

 so back home on the bus, just as I thought my luck could not get worse,

the heavens opened up and I got soaked, although I had an anorak on, it had just been dry cleaned a few weeks ago, what I had not realised until now was that having it dry cleaned all of the waterproofing had been removed, in minutes I was soaked, literally through to the skin from the head down, arriving home a dry with a towel and a complete change of clothes, after Diana had left for work in the evening the anesthetic wore off, with the result that the teeth beside the one that was partially removed, and what was left of the offending tooth, decided in no uncertain terms to ache like the Dickens, after Diana called to say she was on the bus home, a walk to the bus stop then home, a mug of coffee for us both, and then tooth ache really bad, we were off to bed.


No comments: