Wednesday 14 August 2019

As Diana Was Not Working Till This Evening,

we decided on a drive out,


 our first stop was at Keston Ponds

 there are three ponds here,

 and as it was a nice day and there was plenty of clouds and water, I decided to bring the infrared camera,

 now how does this thing turn on?

 at the top of the top lake there is Caesar's well, it is said to possess healing properties and is the source of the River Ravensbourne, as an aside many years ago, in the 1950s and 60s it was extremely popular with aquarists as a source of soft water, which is a trigger for breeding many types of tropical fish,

 at the middle lake, you guessed it, ice creams!

 we wandered down to the bottom lake to have a look around then we were off,


 the last time were here it was a bit overcast and started raining,

 so we did not have time to explore the upper levels of the wood,

 but we did this time,

 the sun flowers were putting on a nice display, we did not take many photographs as we had visited here before, in fact we just took the infrared camera and Diana's telephone which all of these were taken on, arriving home Diana got ready for work and off she went,

 for myself I popped upstairs, I had finished my book about the Congo with Stanley, and decided on this one for my next read, The Brook and its Banks, by J. G. Wood, who was a prolific writer of all things concerned with natural history who we have featured before, the book is still available today, but look around for prices, I gave literally just a few pounds for my copy,

 it is nicely illustrated with manly small woodcuts,

 a little about the book, essentially the author takes a walk describing natural life he encounters on the way,

 and finds charming scenes like this,

 but of course the book,

is an insight into the wonders of life that he finds, I will be looking forward to reading it over the next few months at the dinner table, I played with some of the pictures I took today, then all of a sudden the telephone rang, it was the end of Diana's shift, the time upstairs had just flown past, so off to the bus stop I walked, arriving home a coffee, one from the Poirot box and we were off to bed.


No comments: