Saturday 24 August 2019

After Diana Left For Work,

it was time for a major aquarium makeover,


 the coral sand at the bottom of the aquarium was looking decidedly dirty, with algae growing on it, 

 also the performance of the protein skimmer had fallen over the last few weeks, 

 so making sure I had a spare carbon filter for it the fun began,

 first clean the reactor tube,

 as internally it was coated with algae, next put the plug in the sink,

 before taking off the impeller hosing and flow valve, after giving them a clean,

 then the pump and impeller with its magnet, the impeller is the green thing which spins on a ceramic shaft, the two black bits at the end of the shaft are the reason for putting the plug in the sink, lose one of the bearings, as that is what they are, down the sink, and it is a trip to the shop for a new shaft and bearings,

 next clean the box itself,

 reassembled and it is all good to go, I drained 30% of water out of the aquarium along with most of the coral sand, which I replaced with fresh coral sand,

 water replaced,

 the whole aquarium looking a lot brighter, 

 I just hope the fish appreciated all of my efforts! 

 after my meal in the evening I was going to meet Steve in the club, as I was not meeting him at the entrance to the park, I used the members gate,

 which is a short cut past the tennis courts,

 in the distance our next door neighbours house extension nearly finished,

 I passed what was the old pavilion,

 and made my way to the new one, where I bumped into Robert who I had not seen for some time, after he left Steve and myself chatted the night away, 

after saying our farewells it was through the park for me, after Diana's work one of the manageresses was having a leaving party at her home, and Diana was invited, as the party was more than a few buses away Diana hired a minicab for the journey home, next a nightcap and a chat, then we were off to bed.


No comments: