Friday 15 November 2019

Diana Was At Work,

as she was on a day shift, so I was off out on the first of two days of shopping,


 why two days? well I had somehow managed to run seriously low on wine, sherry and Sailor Jerry, all at the same time, and bearing in mind the weight of 4 boxes of wine, plus 4 bottles of sherry, not to mention Sailor Jerry, it was all a bit too heavy to walk back with in one trip, so today to Waitrose for the sherry, and Sailor Jerry, actually as Cinzano Bianco was on offer I stocked up on that as well, I could of course have taken the car, but did not for one minor and one major reason, the most important factor for myself, it was a bit of exercise, walking into town, secondly some nonsense about not using the car to save on my carbon footprint, whatever that is all about, so tomorrow to Aldi where they sell wine in boxes, which does make sense, 4 three liter boxes of wine = 16 bottles of normal sized wine bottles, imagine the expense to recycle all of those bottles, as opposed to recycling the cardboard box and liner, especially as I read somewhere that the cost of opening and running a glass recycling plant, with the attendant power costs, transport of bottles, then moving the cullet to a glass foundry, plus wages, and many other factors, meant it was cheaper to make glass from raw materials rather than recycle it, but naturally that inconvenient truth was buried in a landfill somewhere,

after my evening meal it was feet up for Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem, if you are into films shot at midnight, in the pouring rain, then this is for you, if not it is a bit of a damp squib, I quite enjoyed the previous films in this series, but this was really not upto the rest of them, but there it is,

I followed that with Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, which although I had watched it before was enjoyable to watch again, for children a bit scary in places, but not an outright horror movie, so no target audience, but still great special effects,

a telephone call from Diana and I was on my way to pick her up, this time from the 354 bus stop, in Foxgrove Road, so by just gone 11.00 in the evening we were home having a coffee and a chat, watching the last of The Tsars, before we were off to bed.


No comments: