Wednesday 6 November 2019

I Made An Early Start,

walking past some of the houses in the park,


 some old,

 and some brand new, waiting for their new owners to move in,

 past the park gates,

 the mansion in the distance,

 not many here this early,

 downhill towards Beckenham Hill station,

 it must look nice in the evenings with the pathways illuminated,

 I had the place to myself,

 the leaf blowers had been busy,

 with piles of leaves everywhere,

 my first stop,

 Beckenham Hill station, 

 as it happened just after I arrived so did the train, but what a journey, after one stop I thought no more passengers could get on, but they did, the crush inside the train was immense, if animals were transported in this way the RSPCA would step in and the train halted, but hey these were only fare paying passengers!

 fighting, almost literally I managed to get off the train at Denmark Hill, 

 and made my way past the helipad on top of King's College Hospital,

 I am guessing this is a part of the old building,

 opposite the Maudsley Hospital, for myself into the dental unit at King's, name, address, medications taken noted, a look at the X-Ray my dentist sent, a quick examination, an appointment made to have what was left of a troublesome tooth removed, so back in December, just a shame the dentist that examined me today could not have whipped it out now,

 back down past the helipad,

 to the station,

 and back to the 54 bus stop at the Lewisham end entrance to the park,

 I stopped in Beckenham, walked past the florists and went to buy some envelopes and stamps in the post office, also I called into the bank, 

 next a walk to Kingfisheries, to have a chat with the boys, and have a look around,

 in the display aquariums,

 all manner of ornaments,

 like a slightly angry looking octopus, 

 and Yorick, I knew him so well,

 the marine invertebrate aquarium,

 Graham asked if I could pay a cheque into the bank, so a walk back to the art deco Odeon building opposite the bank, in the center of the roundabout the war memorial,

 Lest We Forget,

back into the park for the walk home, in the afternoon Steve called by for a coffee and a chat, after saying farewell and my evening meal, it was an evening of Poirot, I had seen then all before, but it was still a pleasure to watch the sleuth again, as I waited for Diana's just after midnight call for me to walk to the bus stop and walk her home, and it was a bit of a wildlife walk, on the way back we saw 3 foxes and 1 badger, arriving home one more from Poirot and we were of to bed.


No comments: