Sunday 17 November 2019

We Had Decided,

to buy a carving fork to match the knife,


  we bought a few days ago,

 Diana had already left for work, so after exercises, a shower and breakfast I was off to the 354 bus stop, walking past the grass verge,

 that someone has adopted as a garden,

 a brief walk as the bus sailed past me,

 so I had a 20 minute wait looking at the leaves for the next one,

 Bromley Market square,

 lots of stalls here today,

 from food,

 to flowers,


and curtains,

 passing Primark,

 in the square was the tree,

 not yet decorated, I passed the flower seller,

 at the entrance to The Glades,

 inside,

 Christmas decorations,

 in place already

 with this Santa Express I guess going to be Santa's grotto,

 carving fork bought, back home,

 passing the Christmas tree stall on the green,

 it was a grey day as I entered the park,

I popped upstairs to play with just one image, this one of a church in Santorini, I wanted to take out all of the structure and detail and have just plain bold colours,

 and this was the result,

  downstairs for my evening meal, but first a glass or two of sherry,

 main course a slice of dry pumpernickel, topped with 50 grams of smoked salmon, the smallest touch of mayonnaise, cucumber and tomato with grated whole lemon, skin and all, over the top,

 and a white wine to accompany the meal,

 for dessert, well it is near Christmas, so what better than a butter mince pie with fresh cream? 

 instead of a port I had treated myself to another make of spice rum, normally I have Sailor Jerry's, but for today Captain Cook's Original spiced rum, and nice it was too, if you follow the link it gets a bit of  pasting from reviewers, I found it quite pleasant after the kick of Brasso,

'Cheers!', although Diana was on early shift she was asked to work overtime, no extra pay of course, just the standard rate, but as she was already there she worked a 11 hour day, so we arrived home just before 01.00am, a quick coffee and chat and we were off to bed.


No comments: