Sunday 17 November 2019

Fac ut gaudeam,


I often buy books on the Internet,


this one is a prime contender, Latin for All Occasions: Lingua Latina Occasionibus Omnibus, yours for just a couple of UK pounds, in it you will find gems like these to get you out of a hot spots at parties and life in general, 

Non calor sed umor est qui nobis incommodat.

It's not the heat, it's the humidity.

Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
God, look at the time! My wife will kill me!

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Animadvertistine, ubicumque stes, fumum recta in faciem ferri?
Ever noticed how wherever you stand, the smoke goes right into your face?

Sona si Latine loqueris.
Honk if you speak Latin.

Noli me vocare, ego te vocabo.
Don't call me, I'll call you.

Radix lecti
Couch potato

Mellita, domi adsum.
Honey, I'm home.

Fac ut vivas.
Get a life. 


and the lead line?  Fac ut gaudeam. Make my day.


No comments: