Tuesday 18 February 2020

Valentines Day The14th

at Lands End,


I managed to smuggle a card in our luggage to give to Diana,

we started the day with breakfast,

cooked from the kitchen, there was of course a cold meat and cereal buffet,

we just had to have our photograph taken,

well it was Valentine's Day,

and a special message for Diana,

then kit up for today's walk,

look, no hands!

again today it was so windy,

the hotel in the distance,

we followed the gravel path,

taking a rest on the way,

it does not look it, but the pathway is remarkably steep,

the weather had in fact slightly cleared, we could see the lighthouse today,

now when jumping,

along the path,

do not jump too near the edge,

it is a long way down,

still I guess there are plenty of rocks to break your fall,

before you hit the ground!

the sea was still throwing in huge waves,

which look so small in the photographs,

but in real life were not,

so a quick pose,

and on we went,

looking down into one of the bays,

one can not help thinking,

this is not the place to be shipwrecked,

these rocks do not take prisoners!

did I mention birds? they are everywhere,

onwards,

to another house overlooking the sea, this one converted into a studio,

in the distance the lighthouse, in the foreground a notice that says it all,


I should say the lighthouse is not maned, but is fully automated,

we walked around to the next cove,

I looked for a way down, but it appears there is not one near the hotel,

a strange pile of rocks, they almost look like they have been deliberately balanced,

I still kept thinking it was a shame that there was so much salt spray,

but there it was,

the winds so high, and changing direction so often,

that the spray was everywhere,

looking back to the lighthouse,

and to the next cove,

I was surprised at how close to the edge,

the pathway was,

luckily it was not going too near this latest landslip,

we turned back,

and retrace our steps past the hotel,

and made our way past the petting farm, which as it was low season was closed, I had to put a plastic bag over the cameras, it was by now really raining,

back to the hotel for a special hot chocolate for Diana,

a warming coffee and large rum for myself,

in the evening we were back to the restaurant,

'Cheers!',

for our evening meal, pork medallions for Diana,


gravadlax salmon for myself,

what a lovely way to start the meal,

for our main courses we both chose the same,

fillet steak, Diana's well done, medium for myself,

on to our desserts, and what deserts they were!

for Diana, a baked pear, which actually does not do justice to what it was, 

it looked and was delicious!

for myself, a double swan cream profiterole, the swans floating in their own mini lake, is the best way I can describe it, as far as desserts go, I have to say this was the nicest dessert I have ever eaten, the flavours, all so totally different but separate, even down to the swans chocolate wings, what a surprise this dessert really was,

we relaxed,

in the lounge,

both of us full to bursting,

a quick pose,

from both of us,

one more from Diana,

and one from myself,

well a few more from myself, the Noël Coward look,

a hard day at the office,

it really is too much to bear, well Diana thought it was funny as she had the giggles, and with that we were off to bed.


No comments: