Saturday 8 February 2020

Diana Was At Work,

I was off to firstly to the bank,


 walking through the park a nice blue sky,

 the cinema opposite the bank now completely refurbished,

 next stop, Kingfisheries, in Croydon Road, Beckenham, 

 I wanted to pick up a container of pre-salted water,

  I had some maintenance in mind for our marine aquarium at home,

 whilst at the shop,

 I had a look at some of the hard and soft corals on offer for sale,

 also some of the small aquariums,

 that are becoming popular nowadays,

 definitely a nautical flavor with this one,

 and this one with lots of starfish,

 whilst this one has a freshwater look, water picked up and then home for stage one of the aquarium clean up,

 for today, a clean of the filter,

 a wash of some of the filter media, leaving some unwashed, it is important to keep some of the 'friendly' bacteria in place,

 this is the pump part of the filter, I use a Eheim 2013, which is now known as the Classic 250,

 filter reassembled,

 and ready to be fitted,

now up and running, tomorrow stage two, a water change and coral sand replacement, after my evening meal Steve called round for a chat, until Diana called for me to meet her at the bus stop, we arrived back about 10.00 in the evening, so we settled down with some roasted chestnuts, whilst watching one from New Tricks, after which we were off to bed.


No comments: