Thursday 21 January 2021

The Crow Braved The Wind And The Rain,

for a few peanuts,


on the other hand none of the foxes have been here for a few days,

Diana was at work, for myself I was going to town, again, yesterday I had tried to buy some mould remover from Waitrose, we have a patch of mould on the bathroom ceiling, due I guess to condensation, yesterday they had sold out, but I was told after checking that at 11.00 in the evening 2 cases would be arriving, so the shelves would be restocked overnight, I was off to town to pick a bottle up, 

as I looked both ways along the road where we live, there was not a soul or car in this part of the park,

into Waitrose again no queues today, and you guessed it! the mould remove had not arrived, and checking none was due, yesterday the assistant must have mixed it up with something else, further more I was told looking at the restocking list, the assistant said that they would not be stocking it again,

I decided to take a chance and walk to Sainsburys, through a nearly deserted High Street, success, they had some in stock, I should have gone there first!

I walked back past the church,

normally this road and car park is packed with cars, not so today, despite government promises I doubt that there will be cars back for at least the next 3 or 4 months, I hope I am proved wrong,

back home a look at the bathroom ceiling, the wooden rods are a clothes hanger that we can raise and lower, our flat has high ceilings making this type of clothes hanger possible,

there is actually an airbrick in the wall, but we still have condensation,

so lots of squirts of the mould remover, and in no time,

the mould had disappeared, note to self, next time put glasses on before spraying, the mould remover really stings the eyes when Mr. Gravity makes his presence known,

in the evening a read,

for my starter a prawn and avocado salad sprinkled with chopped spring onions,

'Cheers!',

main course was a huge steak, mushroom and red wine pie, 

eyes down and tuck in, I was so full I did not have a dessert, I continued to read until Diana called just before 10.00 in the evening, arriving home it was feet up for a New Tricks that had just started,

we rounded off the evening with the last episode of The Terror, what a great series it was, we both highly recommend trying the first episode to see if it appeals to you, with the end of that we were off to bed.


No comments: