Friday 15 January 2021

Diana Had Already Left For Work,

as I made my way through the flooded driveway to our flat,


apparently it had been raining all night,

and continue as I made my way to the park entrance,

opposite which,

the telephone repairman had come well prepared!

I made my way through a wet and dismal Beckenham Green,

and this is where I was headed, the dental surgery, I forgot to mention last week a crown had fallen out, in no time at all it was glued back in place and I was off back to Beckenham, 

normally for the last several months there has always been a queue, sometimes a long one, outside of Deen's bicycle shop, now the weather has changed not a customer in sight, I guess all of the fair weather cyclist have dumped their bicycles for the winter, 

I made my way towards the bank, gong past the cinema,

and war memorial, thankfully there was not a queue outside of the bank, the reason being it was closed, due to a outbreak of Covid-19, luckily the cash point was open at the Tesco Express where I did a little shopping, then a quick walk,

to Kingfisheries, I had my water container with me to pick up some RO water,

horror of horrors, the last thing any shopkeeper wants to see outside of their shop, waterworks, all of the shops on both sides of the road affected, with the already limited parking reduced to zero, the waterworks continued all of the way up Bramerton Road, the work started on Monday, it looks like the leak started over the weekend, the same time as the one by Beckenham church, looking at the local waterboard map, there are 9 leaks in the immediate area, it reminds me of Sidcup a few years ago, the waterboard decided to increase the water pressure, but did not take into account the state of the aged pipes, there were fountains of water coming out of the roads in Sidcup all over the place, I wonder if the same has happened in Beckenham?

into the shop for the water and a look around,

lots of aquariums on display,

and artificial as well as live pants to put in them,

for that empty corner a corner aquarium,

and to give the fish a treat lots of foods and accessories, water container filled and I was on my way home, in the afternoon I watched a few quiz shows, until my evening meal,

then feet up for The Legend of Tarzan, just before 10.00 in the evening Diana called, off to the bus stop, as we arrived home it was feet up for a coffee, one from New Tricks,

 and another episode of The Terror, which just keeps getting better and better, with the end of the episode we were off to bed.


2 comments:

jpo5626 said...

Caveman style eating of giant ribs and front dental crowns do not go together as proven by Stanley and Diana’s holiday feast! You should have taken another picture!!!

PattayaStan said...

Dear John and Alley, the funny thing was I was eating some grapes when the tooth fell out, the good news is that I think we still have one more huge rib in the freezer, so in a few Sundays time my plate will be put to the test! best regards, Stan and Diana.