Saturday 17 February 2024

They Arrived!

I had ordered a couple of sets of CDs,


forgotten hits of the 1970s,

5 CDs in this set,

and the 1960s, 

with 4 CDs in this set, both sets having 100 songs in each, so many songs that I remembered but never really made it to the charts, it took what seemed like an age to upload all 9 CDs to the computer, as it happens I am listening to the 1960s as I type this, the only slight problem so far is just occasionally the song is not played by the original band, but at a average of £1.50 a disc I guess that is to be expected, in the afternoon Diana arrived home, so it was a coffee, a chat,

 and feet up to watch Raise the Titanic, as it happens I did not see it when released in cinemas, so this was a first for both of us, but I did mention to Diana producer Sir Lew Grade's famous quote about the film which I remembered from the time it was released, he remarked that it would have "been cheaper to lower the Atlantic", the cost evidently was horrific, for instance I read this about the film:

‘a model of the R.M.S. Titanic was built for $350,000. When it was finished, it was too big for its tank. A bigger tank had to be built, for $6 million. That tank could hold 40 million litres (about 10.5 million gallons) of water, reportedly, the total cost was $1 million less than the cost to build the original R.M.S. Titanic, adjusted for inflation, the cost would have been over $180 million as of 2018’, I think the term underwhelmed just about sums the film up for us, 

time for a read of Private eye, 

and a sandwich before I was out, 'Cheers!',

I was soon on my way to meet Steve in the club, the tennis courts being put to good use, 

as a few more players arrived, Steve and myself along with Frank chatted the night away, after we said our goodbyes we made a move for our homes, Diana had already gone to bed, she is on 2 weeks of early shifts, another early start tomorrow, for myself one from Have I Got News For You, before I too was off to bed.


No comments: