Saturday 3 February 2024

Diana Was Already At Work,

as I left to go to town,


past the snail mail box, as it happens it was a nice day, on to the number 54 bus, 

I alighted at This 'N' That, 

then over the road to Kingfisheries, I had a some printing to drop off, after having a chat with Graham and Carl, 

back on the bus and home, in the afternoon it was time for our monthly check of the control boxes for the houses fire alarm, as usual all went well, I watched a few documentaries in the afternoon,

 I should also mention the next copy of Private Eye arrived in the post, after Diana returned from work, 

it was time for a read and a wine,

tonight we had spring vegetable soup, with some added sweetcorn,

after which I was out, for a change of venue I was meeting Steve in another craft brewery on the other side of Penge, I caught a number 54 bus to the war memorial and just had enough time to run to a waiting 227, having got on I was informed along with all of the other passengers the bus was stopping here and then turning round, so all off, after 10 minutes or so another 227 arrived, arriving at Sainsbury's we were all told to get off as the bus was turning around, amazing 2 consecutive buses stopping short of their intended destination! another wait for the next bus, 

eventually I arrived here,

at the Craft Metropolis, easy to find with a red pillar box outside, 

inside Steve and myself had a look at the 'menu' we tried a number of them and both agreed the nicest was a chocolate dark beer, we then popped over the road to the Railway and finished our evening there, after saying our farewells we went to our homes, I had a fast journey back home, as I alighted from the 227 in Beckenham a number 54 was following it, 

so I was walking past Foxgrove Lodge in no time, arriving home Diana had already gone to bed after this mornings early start, for myself a nightcap of a large spiced rum, and a Have I Got More News For You, before I too was off to bed.


No comments: