Tuesday 19 March 2024

Great News It Is Diana's Day Off Today,

so first thing we will be out, 


so only one post today, back to Monday, Diana was on late shift, so we had breakfast together, and what better way to start the day than a English fry up and a mug of tea? after Diana left for work I decided to make a video of one of the days Diana spent with her family in the Philippines a few years ago, it took quiet some time to edit all of the sections, when I was finally ready to produce the video I first pressed 'Save' and you guessed it, the program/computer locked up, and that was that, all of that time wasted, so start again!

eventually here it is, also here on YouTubeDiana hires a mini bus and picks up her family in the Philippines for a day out, a little bit of the family before they are off for a ride in the mini bus, next a a trip in a couple of horse carriages and a swim and a walk across a rope bridge, finally ending up in a natural pool with a waterfall for a swim, I am not sure where they went, but they all seem to be having a great day out, the video finished and posted on YouTube, after my evening meal, I watched a couple of quiz shows and a Giant Lobster Hunters, before settling on a film,

Old Henry, a western, and what a great film it was, I was really surprised how good the film was, the star of the cast Timothy "Tim" Blake Nelsontook me some time to recognise, 

if you have some time to watch a enjoyable movie, well at least one I really liked watching, give Old Henry a try, it was released in 2021, somehow we missed it, I mentioned I recognised the lead actor, he was in one of my favourite movies, 

 The Ballad of Buster Scruggs, you get 6 stories for the price of one, each story with an ending that was not in the least expected, a real gem of a find, this what I wrote about Buster Scruggs before when we watched it:

 'a real treat as we both had not seen or heard of it before The Ballad of Buster Scruggs, you get 6 stories for the price of one, each story with an ending that was not in the least expected', 

and here is the official trailer, if you have not watched it, give it a try, I can almost guarantee you will never guess the ending of each of 6 stories in the film, until it happens! and I have to say the character that Timothy "Tim" Blake Nelson plays in Buster Scruggs is 180 degrees turned on its head when he plays Old Henry, both films a pleasure to watch, it was as Old Henry finished that Diana arrived home, so feet up for a coffee and a chat as we watched a Have I Got News For You, after which we were off to bed.


No comments: