Sunday 3 March 2024

I Had A Quiet Day,

after Diana left for work,


in the afternoon I watched Joan of Arc we had watched it before a couple of years ago, here was what I said then, "I guess some of the court records survived from that period so there was a basis for the court part of the film, also a re-enactment of the vicious hand to hand conflict and hatred between the English and French at that point in time, great cast and performances from all", after which Steve called round for a coffee and a chat, after he left for home,

it was time for my sherry and evening read, 

followed by a curry, 

'Cheers!, in the evening I watched some old favourites, firstly after the Big Lips, the video below,


a totally insane show that I enjoyed at the time so much and still do, he invented so many zany characters, "Sid Snot" "Marcel Wave" "Gizzard Puke" and of course the unforgettable "Cupid Stunt",

this show featuring David Bowie, a clip from his song in the show, who as he was singing was enjoying a fag, which would be totally verboten today, also at the end of the song/show he was joined by Kenny in one of his characters, such a great show, which I followed with another all time favourite of mine,

the outrageous comedy, Little Britain, you either love it or hate it, for me it is first class, the characters I like the most? well, I guess Lou and AndyEmily and FlorenceSebastian and Micheal, not forgetting Mr. Mann, all parts played by Matt Lucas and David Walliams, the creators of this character-comedy sketch show, delight in all that is mad, bad, quirky and generally bonkers about the people and places of Britain, what a great comedy team, but do not watch if you are easily offended or dislike character stereotypes, 

 I just started to watch Being John Malkovich, when Diana arrived home, so a coffee and a chat as we watched the film, here is what I commented last time I watched the film, "Craig, a puppeteer, takes a filing job in a low-ceilinged office in Manhattan, although married to the slightly askew Lotte, he hits on a colleague, the sexually frank Maxine, she's bored but snaps awake when he finds a portal leading inside John Malkovich: for 15 minutes you see, hear, and feel whatever JM is doing, for me there were no 'highs' or 'lows' in the movie it was just so riveting to see what was going to happen next", as the film finished we were then off to bed.


No comments: