Friday 29 March 2024

I Am Guessing There Are A Lot Of People Out There,

wishing they never made the decision to buy one of these, 


photograph InsideEVs a Jaguar I-Pace EV from 2019 to 2024, for three reasons, firstly for contributing towards the exploitation of children, secondly the deprecation the cars are experiencing, apparently there are lots on the second hand market, and thirdly a factory recall, the Jaguar I-Pace's high-voltage batteries could overheat, which leads to a fire risk, according to NHTSA recall data shared by ReutersJaguar is aware of eight US fires related to the issue, but there were no reported accidents or injuries, but wait, there is worse to come, much worse, there is now a SECOND recall, and what is worse even when recalled for the second time, there is no fixIt is a fact and I quote:

“if a 2019 Jaguar I-Pace is charged over 85%, smoke or fire may erupt from the high-voltage battery, which could result in injuries and property damage if the car is parked indoors”, 

but there is a slight solution and again I quote:

“The fix is still under development, and until Jaguar comes up with a permanent solution, it advises customers to only charge their EVs to a maximum of 75% SoC and to only park outside and away from buildings” 

both quotes can be found here, by the way if someone knows of a mug that wants to buy a I-Pace cheap, show them the above as a bargaining point! after this news becomes common knowledge, the range down to 75% of the advertised one, I would think the deprecation will take a further hit! I have posted the below before, 

but I think it is well worth posting again.


No comments: