Monday 4 March 2024

Unusually Diana Was At Work Today,

normally she does not have to work on Sundays,

 
so I guess it is only fair that she goes in occasionally, to give one of her co-worker's a chance to have Sunday off, so for Sunday lunch, I was out, on the way to the bus stop I noticed these, 

daffodils in the grass verge that had not been trampled by visitors to the park, who leave their cars by the verge, 

it was a nice sunny but slightly chilly day, 

off of the number 54 at the war memorial and to the 194 bus stop opposite a Tesco Express, 

which is next to what was a huge Kwik-Fit garage, the site now unused, 

off of the 194 and here I was, the Toby Carvery at Eden Park,

next to it the Eden Park garage, where I will be early next Thursday for the cars yearly MOT

over the road,

to the entrance, the sign over the door says it all,

I was a tad early, 

but after a wine all was ready, past the Yorkshire puddings, 

to the meat section,

a good show of vegetables,

and here I was, I paid extra for a big plate, a slice of turkey, 2 of gammon ham, 2 of lamb, 1 of pork and some beef, I also had a slice of parsnip and 2 potatoes, after which a break before dessert,

I was going to have the Honeycomb Dream, but it was sold out, my waitress for my meal, 


was Hope, who suggested the Cookie dough Sundae,

which was delicious, 

Diana had asked me to bring home some crackling, no sooner said than done, 

the bill came to £44.00 including service charge, 

I caught a 194 to Elmers End roundabout, where I waited for a number 54, 

I made my way towards the park, passing the pillars, 

that were still being rebuilt after the accident

into the park past the Foxgrove Lodge, 

I continued home, where it was feet up for a Columbo,

after which The Dambusters, a good old patriotic war film, in case you are not aware of it, the film is based on a true story, the film is a fitting tribute to the raid, and the massive losses of 617 squadron, of the 19 aircraft to go out, only 11 came back, 77 crew lost in the raid, and I can not fail to mention the Carling Black Label parody commercial of the film,

I seem to remember some UK television companies and cinema chains banning it, well I guess they did not want to upset the neighbours,

 which I followed with Queen Victoria: Love, Lust & Leadership, a documentary about her life up to the time of the death of her beloved Albert, 

by shear happenstance the last Kenny Evert show was on so Kenny it was, in the show the Moody Blues, with their hit, Nights in White Satin, what a great show and song, after which Diana arrived home so a coffee and a chat, before,

This Island Earth, Dr. Meacham is chosen along with others by the inhabitants of the planet Metaluna to do research that will help save their dying planet, however, an evil scheme is uncovered by the suspecting Dr. Meacham when he discovers the Metalunan's plan to take over Earth, after which we were off to bed.


No comments: