Thursday 14 March 2024

Another Day Of Only One Post,

as it is Diana's day off on Thursday, 


so as soon as I post this we will be out, back to Wednesday, as soon as I posted the blog I was out, into a grey day, not cold and not raining,
 
waiting for the number 54 bus, in the opposite direction as usual, 2 number 54 buses arrived at the same time,

the bus I was on was a tad crowded, as I had a aisle seat I did not take any photographs, 

until most people alighted at Lewisham market, 

the market in full swing, 

and in front of the number 54 bus I was on, another number 54!

this part of the market looking a bit thin,

arriving at the florists next to Blackheath station,

there were a nice show of cut flowers,

and potted plants,

this is why when the station is open I buy the whole months tickets in advance, so often the ticket office is closed,

on the platform, 

work has still not started on the wood work, 

the up trains had already left, and great news for myself, the through train to Gravesend was running, so no changing trains at Dartford, 

arriving at Gravesend a cloudy day,

and by the time I alighted from the 483 it had started to drizzle,

into the nursing home to visit Duncan, who was in fine sprits, we chatted away about where Diana and myself had been in the past week and where we were going next week, 

when his lunch arrived we said our goodbyes and I left, today on the way home I was going to go to Bromley, crucial supplies were running low, 

so I changed from a number 54 bus here at Lewisham hospital for a 208 that goes directly to Bromley, the number 54 bus does a right at Peter Pan's Pool and I then have to take a 227 back to Bromley, so taking the 208 saves a lot of time,

the flowers in the park gardens looking a riot of colour, 

I passed a few shops that I do not normally pass on the way home,

these with a selection of the world's foods,

off of the bus in Bromley and past The Partridge,

into the market square, 

as it was Wednesday very few stalls here,

just a couple of fruit and vegetable stalls,

into Lidl, spiced rum and red wine boxes now weighing me down,

opposite the bus stop for the bus home, many years ago before moving to Thailand this was a favourite Friday night watering hole for me, called Gatsby, whilst over there it was with great fanfare was taken over by 201,

 which has itself now closed, 

off of the 354 with bags of shopping I passed the pillars, which were demolished in the accidentstill not topped off, 

into the park for my walk home, 

the magnolia in this garden, 

looking magnificent,

time for my evening read and sherry, the latest copy of Private Eye had arrived yesterday, 

for our starter, crabmeat and sauce on a bed of avocado, 

delicious!

we followed that with poached salmon and vegetables, 

'Cheers!',

after a long break we rounded off our meal with a Black Forest dessert as it was called, 

the sponge at the bottom infused with alcohol, what could be better?

next a coffee and a spiced rum when we moved to the sofas for Ripping Yarns, staring Michael Palin and writer Terry Jones in a much-loved spoof, spectacular tales of derring-do and daring-don't, we watched 2 episodes tonight, Across the Andes by Frog, and Curse of the Claw, great fun if you are into Monty Python, the series ran from 1976 to 1979, we then watched a Have I Got News For You, before we were off to bed.


No comments: