Thursday 9 May 2024

As Soon As The Blog Was Posted,

I was out,


into a warm sunny day and off to visit Duncan, 

onto the number 54 bus and I was rumbling past the entrance to the park,

it looks like it is going to be a bumper year for horse chestnuts,

not many waterfowl at Peter Pan's Pool today, 

the skies towards Catford nice and almost clear,

the bee garden here on top of a bus shelter, 

looking good as the foliage turns to its summer time red,

the wisteria on this building in Catford starting to flower now,

Lewisham market up and running, 

at the florists next to the station in Blackheath village no cut flowers today, 

but the potted ones looked nice, 

the marigolds looking bright in the morning sun,

I wanted to change my ticket for next week, but alas the ticket office was closed, 

the uptrains had just left on platform 1, 

I was out of luck and had to change trains at Dartford, 

which gave me time to photograph the weeping willow and fountain,

as I arrived at the bus stand in Gravesend, I had just missed the 483 so a wait until the next one,

a almost clear sky over Gravesend, 

I was soon walking up the hill to the nursing home where Duncan stays,

the tree that has masses of berries in the winter looking good, as does the apple tree at the entrance to the home, 

the silver birches all in full foliage, 

a few more roses were in flower this week,

red,

pink, 

and yellow, Duncan was his usual happy self, we chatted about where Diana and myself had been during the past week, Coombe Wood and Keston, as it happens Duncan knew of Coombe Wood and had visited Keston, we also chatted about our upcoming holiday in Thailand and the Philippines even though it is still months away, but it gave us an excuse to reminisce about the times that Duncan and myself had spent in Thailand and Singapore, as Duncan's lunch arrived we said our goodbyes, 

and I made my way outside and started my walk to the bus stop, thankfully the train continued to London, so no changing at Dartford, at Blackheath station the ticket office was open so I changed my ticket from Wednesday to Tuesday, as next Wednesday is Diana's day off, 

I had some shopping to do in Bromley, so off of the number 54 bus at the flats by Lewisham hospital and on to a 208,

which took me straight to Bromley, I walked past the Partridge,

and into Lidl for a few boxes of wine and bottles of spiced rum,

whilst waiting for the bus back to Beckenham I noticed the music shop was back, by the bus stop,

for some reason it was empty for a few months, I arrived home at 5.00 in the afternoon, for some reason I was exhausted, it seemed like such a long day, after a mug of coffee I was getting ready for my evening meal,

but first a read of the latest Private Eye that was on the doorstep when I arrived home, and a sherry, 

eyes down for a couple of onion bhajis, 

and a 'Cheers!', as I tucked into a butter chicken and a chicken jalfrezi with saffron rice, after a BattleBots which has now started again it was feet up for, 

Mutiny on the Bounty, the black & white 1935 version, (there is also a colourised version of this film available), towards the end of the film Diana arrived home from work, so feet up for a coffee and a chat as we then watched a Midsomer Murder, after which as it was late we were both off to bed.


No comments: