Friday 3 May 2024

I Had 2 Things To Do Today,

vote and buy some shoelaces, 


Diana was already at work as she was on early shift, so for my day off through the park, and who did I meet on my way out of the park? Diana of course, Diana carried on home as I went to the shoe repair shop on the bridge, which was closed today, so on to plan 'B', call into the Co-Op store next to the polling station, but alas they did not sell shoelaces, 

into the polling station,

to cast my votes, (there were 3 different ballots), then across the road to Marks & Spencer's, who also did not sell shoelaces, now on my way home I tried Waitrose, 

outside a few garden plants,

inside I stopped at the information desk, where an assistant when asked if they sell shoelaces replied, "we sell shoe polish and shoe brushes, but we do not sell shoelaces", so that was that, 

back into the park past Foxgrove Lodge and home, in the afternoon we watched a couple of quiz shows before our evening meal, followed by a Deadliest Catch, 

before watching Secrets of the London Underground: Greenwich, we found this of interest as we had walked past the power station a few times on our walks through Greenwich, there is not a tube station there, but a part of the power station still runs, as an emergency back up for the tube system in case of a National Grid power cut, next a Midsomer Murder, before Diana was off to bed, another early start tomorrow, 

photograph BBC I watched one from It Ain't Half Hot Mum, before I too was off to bed.


No comments: