Sunday 5 May 2024

Diana Was At Work,

so another lazy day for myself, 


I took a few photographs of the Venus fly traps, I had removed the traps that were going black, 

and in both plants a few new traps were developing, 

at the base of the third plant, 

a couple of mini traps were growing, 

I am not sure if they are from the plant itself, or are in fact a seedling form last years seeds that have just germinated now, 

in the kitchen the original plants flower stem was opening,

into these delicate white flowers,

in the afternoon I watched a real treat of a film, La Gloire de Mon Pere, (My Father's Glory), beautifully filmed as I watched the reminiscences of his childhood that Marcel Pagnol made into a book in 1957, it was a autobiographical novel by him, it is the first of four volumes in Pagnol's Souvenirs d'enfance series, that he later made into a film, I mentioned it was a treat, it really was so nice to watch, what with the troubles of the world to be transported back to a time of innocence before WWI for myself it is a 'must watch' movie, if you have the chance to buy, beg, borrow or steal this movie, do it!

as the film ended Diana returned home from work, so time for a read and a sherry, 

followed by spring rolls,

for our main course Diana decided on bread rolls and spaghetti for herself,

I had a Indian curry, 

after our meal we listened to Donovan, next the menacing movie AVP: Alien vs. Predator, special effects to die for, for us a great story line as humans are farmed by predators to allow the aliens to bred, so the hunt can begin, after which as Diana was tired she was off to bed, 


 AKA Johnny in the Skies, a 1945 wartime romance drama, after which I too was off to bed.


No comments: