Saturday, 3 October 2026

After Dropping Diana Off At 04.00AM This Morning,

later as I was typing the blog,


the fire door company arrived today to finish the job, lots of tools, 

all set, and the outside door surround was fitted, as well as the inside work being made good, all of the exposed screw holes plugged, all was well except for one thing, the fitter did not have any varnish/stain with him, he asked me at my expense to go to B&Q and buy some varnish/stain and a brush and do it myself!

so a bare wood door surround as opposed to the door, worse still,

 he had no idea as to whether I should buy a stain or a varnish or indeed what colour to buy!

so I have asked the coordinator to approach the company to finish the job, I have to say I along with other residents have found this company to be appallingly bad, but, as it was only one of two that can issue a fire certificate that the building insurance company insists on we had to go with them, on to the rest of my morning before I picked Diana up from work, the one of the foxes and crows arrived for their peanuts, 

her tail is now getting so bushy, I guess she is now in her winter coat,

and here is the crow, it looks quite nice as it happens compared to the coal black normal ones, I picked Diana up from work and as she was a tad tired had a few ZZZZZ's, for myself the second DVD from,  

Mutiny on the Bounty, which I enjoyed, when Diana was awake we were out for our evening meal, 

into the park and then on to a number 354 bus to Bromley,

a short walk along the High Street and we were here, at the Sanxia Renjia Fitzrovia Chinese restaurant,

well I just had to! 

inside we had the place pretty much to ourselves, 

we started with some complementary prawn crackers,


we ordered a couple of starters, sesame seed covered prawns on toast, with chilli spare ribs,

 the portions were huge, 'Cheers!',

on to our main courses, Diana ordered a sizzling beef dish, 

for myself a portion of roast duck, plus egg fried rice and a bowl of beansprouts,

again the portions were huge, 

another 'Cheers!', of course, we were full to bursting,

and then a nice touch, 

a half diced orange for each of us, the food delicious and lots of it, the bill came £109.00, eating out is not cheap any more! Arriving home it was feet up for a Have I Got A Bit More News For You, after which Diana was off to bed, for myself a Bangers & Cash before I too was off to bed.


No comments: