into a bright blue day,
across the edge of Beckenham Green,
and past the front graveyard,
where I spotted these,
a lovely stand of cyclamen,
past what was once the Nat West bank,
down the steps,
to the corner where the Travelodge at long last is now in use,
then a bit of a shock, normally, well for the past 6 or 7 years when I go in for a flu jab, I walk in to the surgery, wait a couple of minutes and then being called in for a jab and off, but not this morning! the queue stretched to the next road and then into the surgery,
luckily we were all geared up for the cold, except for one chap in shirts sleeves I am guessing he had arrived by car and parked in the car park and then like myself having normally walked straight in did not bring any cold weather clothes, chatting to the people near me we all had the same time for the appointment, a case of overbooking one time slot I guess, whilst being given a jab the nurse looked and said I did not have a covid jab, so I had one of those as well, now two sore arms instead of one!
out of the surgery and past one of the many small homes in the area,
a walk past the rear graveyard,
a small grave, its roof on pillars,
the church from the rear,
over the green.
and into the park, in the side garden of Foxgrove Lodge,
these looked very pretty,
I carried on walking,
to the snail mail post box,
where I got mugged by three crows,
and then there were four, as always I had a few peanuts in my pocket for them, somehow they seem to recognise me, arriving home time for a couple of Saturday afternoon film, starting with a black & white,
Millions Like Us, a romantic look, although often using war time footage, at the role women played in WWII working in factories to produce arms and munitions, and of course one of the workers falls for a flyer,
Red 2, I have to admit I forgot the film was shown on Netflix, until the cuts started, as usual, huge pieces of the film left on the Netflix cutting room floor, thankfully I had watched it before, I knew what had really happened in the film, from the blurb:
"Retired CIA agent Frank Moses reunites his unlikely team of
elite operatives for a global quest to track down a missing portable nuclear
device".
I followed that with,
my evening read and sherry,
and for tonight a chicken korma with rice, 'Cheers', after which it was feet up with a spiced rum or three for,
Without a Clue, a hilarious spoof of Sherlock Holmes, Dr. Watson is the ace detective and has been using an actor to play the part Holmes. Holmes is a drunken actor and gets on Watson's nerves, and then the fun begins! which brought me rather nicely up to,
The War of the Worlds, the 1953 version which I enjoyed, the only slight problem was that the book was set in the UK, in Sudbury as it happens, the reason Wells chose Sudbury was that when he did
a lecture there he found that he was very poorly receive, so the book being set
there was his idea of payback time, I then received a message from Diana to say
she had been asked to work late, so I started on a Bangers & Cash, after
which she arrived home, so one more Bangers and we were off to bed.
%20(Copy).jpg)
%20(Copy).jpg)
%20(Copy).jpg)
%20(Copy).jpg)
%20(Copy).jpg)
%20(Copy).jpg)
%20(Copy).jpg)
%20(Copy).jpg)
%20(Copy).jpg)
%20(Copy).jpg)
%20(Copy).jpg)
%20(Copy).jpg)
.jpg)
%20(Copy).jpg)
%20(Copy).jpg)
%20(Copy).jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)


.jpg)
.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment