Thursday 14 July 2011

I Had To Make Sure It Was Not April Fools Day When I Saw This Picture,

a pink grasshopper? expert Matt Shardlow, of conservation group Buglife, said pink grasshoppers were a "genetic abnormality", 'for some reason you get some which are pink, where they'd normally be green or brown,' he said, it appears that less than 1% are born with this rare colour condition, I must admit I would have thought even less than that considering this is the first time I have seen mention of this condition, the relative of Jiminy Cricket was found by two young naturalists Noah Batteley (7) and Meg Willis (7) who were out hunting for normal grasshoppers when they made the startling discovery in Dersingham Fen, close to their homes in west Norfolk, great find, I hope they pursue their love of nature.

No comments: