Wednesday 6 July 2011

When I See Pictures Like This One,

I wish I had more technical knowledge about photography, taken by photographer Kim Taylor, theses incredible shots look stunning, using a special photographic technique that catches everything from the beat of a bird's wing to the flick of a squirrel's tail as it leaps through the air, stunning photos of an animal's ability to move from one place to another, also known as locomotion, is shown in awesome detail, with special homemade equipment, the 78-year-old from Surrey was able to capture his subjects in fractions of a second, giving a 'strobe' effect on camera,

He said 'I didn't have any special equipment at the time so I had to design and build a special unit for the job, this required generating dangerously high voltage - 3,500 volts - and storing the energy in a bank of special and very heavy capacitors', in effect the flash guns produce a strobe effect, the images are then using a computer overlapped to give the impression they are one image, as I said before stunning.

No comments: